In early 2020 the COVID-19 pandemic completely changed the world as we know it, including how we function day to day in not only our personal but our professional lives. Working from home was something we all experienced all too quickly. Adapting to mask mandates, nationwide lockdowns, and having to quarantine away from our friends and family was just the beginning.
However, with these mandates lifting and the world returning to as we once knew it, many companies are choosing to stay remote. Rather than passing documents to employees across a desk, we are now sending more emails and digitizing every aspect of the workspace. Offices that were once scoured with papers are now going paperless. The question remains, what are the advantages of going paperless in a remote workforce?
The paperless office is a system that eliminates the use of paper from the business or personal workflow. It has many benefits including saving time, reducing clutter, and saving money. A paperless office is not a new concept but it has been gaining popularity in recent years as people are becoming more environmentally conscious and more efficient in their work life.
A paperless office involves scanning and indexing documents, using digital copies, eliminating printers and copiers, etc. Opting for a paperless office will:
- Reduce costs by reducing printer consumption
- Reduce clutter by foregoing printing
- Save time by avoiding waiting for printed materials
- Become more organized
- Keep all documents safe and on one device
Remote work is a method of working that allows a person to work from a location other than the one in which they are based. Working remotely has been around for decades, but it is becoming increasingly popular as more and more people are becoming digitally connected. There are many benefits to remote work such as increased productivity, fewer office politics, and the ability to be productive anywhere.
The popularity of remote work has risen through the adoption of digital technologies. The development and growth of the internet and technological advancements have allowed for an increase in remote work opportunities. This allows for employees to work from almost any location within a given company or industry.
A remote workforce allows for:
- A more flexible schedule
- The ability to travel and explore the world while still maintaining your responsibilities at home
- No commute time
- Fewer distractions in your workspace
Benefits of Going Paperless in a Remote Workforce
It is hard to imagine a world without paper. It has been the staple for communication for centuries, and it seems like there’s no escaping it. However, with the rise of digital technology, paper has been pushed into the background. And while some people are still adamant about going paperless in the office, remote workers are leading the charge to make going paperless a feasible goal.
In fact, remote workforces have seen many benefits from going paperless:
- Save money on stationery and printing costs
- More efficient since they use less energy
- Environmentally friendly since they reduce waste and pollution
- The freedom to live where you want
- The ability to hire the best person for the job regardless of location
- The ability to work from anywhere with internet access
Choosing to go paperless and turn physical documents into digital ones will only work with proper organization. Your company should find the best solution when it comes to keeping digital documents organized and stay consistent. Naming and filing each document into specific folders or digital binders for easy and quick access. Thus, saving time when looking for documentation.
Staying Organized with MyLitBag
When it comes to remote lawyers or law firms that are looking to go paperless, MyLitBag is here to help. MyLitBag is an IOS-based iPad digital binder app that helps lawyers and law firms turn their legal documents and entire case binders digital. With this law tool, you have the ability to:
- Organize Shelf, Binders or Case Files Alphabetically, Chronologically, or in Reverse Chronological Order
- Send binders electronically to colleagues, clients, and other MyLitBag users and non-users
- Search by reference, case file, binder, or document and filter by N.B./See references, annotations, issue flags
- Hold thousands of password-protected legal document binders, that can be securely distributed in minutes
- Create tabbed binders with multiple documents and organize them into case files
- Annotate, highlight, markup, create flags and rearrange existing binders with ease
Try MyLitBag for 7 days free and fall in love with this innovative law tool.